The Florida Tech SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) Student Chapter is a student organization at Florida Institute of Technology. The purpose of this chapter is to help students learn more about effective human resource management and career opportunities in this dynamic field. This chapter is affiliated with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and a partner of South Brevard SHRM (SBSHRM).
The Student Chapter has a mentorship program matching SBSHRM members with students. Mentoring "provides opportunities for students to...
- Explore the world of work through interaction with professionals in the HR career of their choice.
- Gain an experienced HR practitioner's perspective on applying textbook concepts to real-life situations.
- Familiarize themselves with corporate protocol.
- Identify long-term professional development needs.
- Realize the value of networking.
- Develop a meaningful professional relationship over a specified period of time.
A mentor program benefits professionals by allowing them to....
- Contribute to the professional development of the future HR workforce.
- Identify potential interns and new hires for their organization.
- Assist students in beginning successful careers.
- Give something back to the profession." (SHRM, 2020)
Take advantage of this opportunity to share your experiences and expertise with future HR leaders! Review the mentor responsibilties, then complete and return a member enrollment form to [email protected]. You'll be paired with a mentee, and together will complete a mentoring agreement.
If you have any questions or need more information about the program contact the student chapter at the address above.