Emotional Intelligence for Managers
The World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs Report states that emotional intelligence will be one of the top 10 job skills by 2020, it is therefore critical that business leaders understand why hiring for this skill is critical to a successful business.
Simply put, managers with high emotional intelligence (EQ) combined with a high IQ tend to lead people better to achieve organizational results.
Incorporating an understanding of EQ into your workplace can improve management effectiveness, increase teamwork and have a positive impact on key measures. More and more, organizations are discovering that emotional intelligence skills in managers are a vital component of their organization’s success. Great managers know how to bring out the best of people — EQ is a vital part of that skill set.
Managers who possess high EQ approach supervisory responsibilities from a different perspective. They understand the importance of communicating effectively with staff members, and treating each employee with respect while remaining laser-focused on the organization’s desired results.
Key Learning Objectives/Takeaways
- Understand what Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is…and is not
- Consider why Emotional Intelligence matters and is an essential component in high performing organizations
- Appreciate the economic impact of EQ
- Discuss the attributes of Emotionally Intelligent managers
- Develop an individual EQ action plan
Three core areas that this presentation address
- Leading HR staff in maintaining or changing organizational culture.
- Managing internal and external relationships in ways that promote the best interests of all parties.
- Fostering effective teambuilding among stakeholders.
Presented by Mark Griffiths
Mark is a Client Partner at Newleaf Training and Development and oversees the East Coast office in Orlando. Mark has personally gained over 18 years experience in the training, eLearning, recruitment and staff development industry - working with non-profit, education and privately held organizations such as Hilton Grand Vacations, AAA, Randstad, Boston Scientific, Tesoro, McGraw-Hill Education and Citrix to create and deliver high impact blended training solutions incorporating a range of innovative instructor-led and online eLearning techniques to enhance employee engagement and achieve business outcomes.
$10.00 Member Ticket - Webinar
$10.00 Non Member Ticket - Webinar